I’m a journalist and consultant, based in New York City.
Some recent publication highlights:
- A dispatch from Delhi, India, on books, violence, and urban space, for The New Yorker
- A dispatch from Brazzaville, Republic of Congo, on literature and politics, for The New Yorker
- A profile of jazz great Charles Lloyd, for the Boston Globe
- A profile of Portuguese fado singer Ana Moura, for the Boston Globe
- A profile of historian of African art Suzanne Preston Blier, for Harvard University
- A feature on innovation in physical education, for Teachers College – Columbia University
Here’s more about my journalism experience. And here’s an archive of many of my articles and radio stories stretching back almost 10 years.